Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Cumulative Morale

Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:14:20 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

On Jan 31, 2008 2:31 PM, Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@comhem.se>
wrote:

> (Now, JA will undoubtedly tell me that good quality troops *don't*
lose to
> poor ones - but even in the situations he's been in, which I'd
describe in
> game terms as D10+ quality troops with D8+ armour fighting D4 quality
> troops with D4 armour, the high-quality guys still take
> casualties  occasionally - IOW, in game terms they still lose the
> occasional opposed die roll.)

I never said it doesn't happen.

I just say it happens too often in SG.

My Brigade took 94 killed in action in the span of 15 months.

During our last 9 months in Ramadi, when we took most of our
casualties, our estimates were that we killed roughly 1800 bad guys,
and detained 1200 (that were kept in detention--you always sweep up
more than you keep, they get sorted out in 72 hours or so).

Most of the guys we killed were with direct fire.  Very few of our
casualties were from direct fire.

YMMV

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Cumulative Morale