Prev: Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-) Next: RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-)

From: "James Moore" <jmooreou@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:52:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-)

Swabians, so here's what I've come up with for the new SDN.
Please feel free to give feedback, smack me around for writing
background
for a ship that's not even for sale yet, etc....

(Insert Class Name Here (Bismarck???)) Class Superdreadnought

With the introduction of the *Foch *class superdreadnought in 2181, the
NSL
high command began a study into the feasibility of a new class of
dreadnought to suplement and eventually replace the *Von Tegethoff's.
*The
massive size of the FSE warships being an insult to the High Command's
Teutonic pride, an unofficial stipulation was made that the new vessels
must
equal or surpass the *Foch* in mass. Encounters with the Kra'Vak from
2183
onwards caused some changes in the design, but by 2188 the first of the
class was laid down at the Neu Salzburg yards.

The ships follow standard NSL design doctrine in carrying no screens,
but
they mount a significant amount of armor over an incredibly strong hull.
Additionally, these vessels are among the first NSL warships to feature
the
*Schwerpunkt* internal compartmentalization system, which features
enhanced
bulkheads and fire suppression systems to protect vital systems and keep
the
ship in the fight longer. These improvements, coupled with strong active
defenses, a powerful beam armament, and a pair of fighter groups ensure
that
the (Insert Class Name here) will be able to hold it's own against the
best
any alien or human fleet can offer.

Here's a link to the SSD (I hope I got the points right):

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/jmooreou/NewNSLSDN.jpg

-James

On 3/14/07, John Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I can whip up some nice white numbers to go along with the flags, and
> custom names if you like. :D
>
> John
>
> John K. Lerchey
> Assistant Director for Incident Response
> Information Security Office
> Carnegie Mellon University

> available
I'm
> not
> one
CH
> and
> FF,

> >> *whimper*	AAAAAAaaaaaa!  No fair!  No fair!  I can't paint.  I
want
> them!
> >> And I can't paint them worth a damn!  Me, the original, "I buy what
> don't
> >> have to paint" dude, loves the new minis.	I want some.
> >>
> >> *shudder* *twitch* *shudder* *twitch* *twitch*
> >>
> >> Mike
> >

> > Now, breathe deep Mike......
> >
> > Don't be scared of painting these. It's SO easy - spray them with
grey
> > primer, pick out a few details in colours, put some of John L's
nifty
> NSL
> > flag decals (available through us when you order the ships) on the
flat
> > panels (plus some nice big ship numbers if you want), and they're
done!
> If
> > you really want to go crazy you could give them a very dilute wash
all
> over
> > to bring out the greeblies, but that's the "advanced" paintjob.....
;-)

> > Jon (GZG)

" It is best not to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if he
lives near you."
						  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Prev: Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-) Next: RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]