Prev: Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-) Next: RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:18:14 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Big mean and nasty.  From a background perspective, what is the
reasoning for the 5-arc Beam-3s and Beam-4s?
Smaller arcs (max 3-arc) and more weapon mounts give greater "bang" for
the same mass.	Personally it isn't dangerous enough in close to
discourage swarm ships or close maneouvring to get in its blind spot.

Also, I think the 3-row hull is overkill on a ship this large (although
does fit the fluff you wrote) and the cost increase is quite significant
for an NSL ship.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails
   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: [GZG] First look at new NSL ships! :-) Next: RE: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]