Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: Re: [GZG] Acceleration

Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:31:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Ken Hall wrote:

> It's been a while since I've done much airbrush work (used to do 1/72
airplanes), but the fuzziness of the edge with the template method
varies directly with the distance between the templace and the work. If
you put the template right up to the model, fuzziness should be
minimized--and if you're careful with the angle of the airbrush, you
might be able to eliminate it by shooting from "outside" the edge of the
template you're using as a mask (brush tip outside the "hole," shooting
across the edge and back into the hole). I wish I could sketch it for
you.

>  Best of luck,
>  Ken

Ken,

No need to illustrate. I get this completely.  Good tip. If I use a
template, I'll see if I can pull it off.

Thanks!

John

Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: Re: [GZG] Acceleration