Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: Adrian <adrian@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:59:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

>My experience of lists and fora suggests that people who have something
>useful to say are disproportionately represented among those who prefer
>lists, so it's not just my self-interest saying that we should keep the
>list going. :-)

Yes, and yes again.

Switching to Yahoo or Google or whatever would, I think, see many of us
gone.  Receiving this list in digest format is by far, for me anyway,
the
best way to keep up with what is going on.  I download a few emails, and
have the entire day's traffic.	As Oerjan said, I can read offline at my

leisure.

I'm biased - I don't like fora much, and think it would be sad to see
this
(excellent) list go the way of a forum.  As a supplementary tool, for
posting pictures and whatnot, perhaps.	But not to replace the list.

-Adrian

Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums