Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:24:57 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Speaking as one who has suffered, I'd rather eat a leper's used boil
dressings than have anything to do with Yahoo Groups.

They're unreliable. Entire groups just disappear. UserIDs stop
working for no known reason. Files become unavailable,	and sometimes
become accessible again weeks later without explanation.

Yahoo tech support is essentially non-existent. I have *never* even
once received a reply to any e-mail query or problem report. I'm told
that if you ring some secret phone number, and hold for some
indeterminate time, it is possible to get through, but that is hardly
practical from Australia.

Any groups that are not moderated get distasteful spam. Active,
moderated groups impose a considerable load on the moderator.

Just say no to Yahell!

Best regards, Robert Bryett
rbryett@mail.com