Prev: [LST] Repair update? RE: Emergency backup listserver active Next: Re: [ot] Digest Format?

Re: [LST] Repair update? RE: Emergency backup listserver active

From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@w...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:39:41 -0600
Subject: Re: [LST] Repair update? RE: Emergency backup listserver active

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:29:44 -0500, Doug Evans writes:
>Ted, as soon as I saw your note, I had pity and tried to hush up.
>
>This is a wire-and-bubblegum fix, I assume, and it may be a bit much to
ask
>Mr. Burton West to run a digest, or sign individuals on and off, in the
>short run. Til then, maybe self-limitation on posts is in order, though
the
>flurry of thought was very refreshing after some quiet time.
>
>Matthew, I know you promised an update when you had a real clue, but
any
>idea when the regular lists will be back up?
>
>The_Beast

I think things are back online.  Fixing mailman caused such a flood of
messages that other disks filled up.  The machine is now working
through a backlog of about 40,000 mail messages (95% spam from
observation).  Mailman is running (as far as I know), but message
delivery may be a bit slow as things deal with the very overloaded
queue.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl 			 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-

Prev: [LST] Repair update? RE: Emergency backup listserver active Next: Re: [ot] Digest Format?