Prev: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:58:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Sounds like a threshold check based on total accumulated damage, rather
than being based on hull rows destroyed...

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 laserlight@verizon.net wrote:

>> In some ways, that what it feels like to me against the Markgraf,
even. Or the Ark Royal.  Average hulls and more than 10% in armour is
brutal to chew through, and even weak hulls seem incredibly durable with
2 screens and 5% armour.

> I'd still like some kind of critical hit which doesn't require chewing
through all the hull. Just off the top of my head, let's say that if an
individual attack does 6+ points of damage, you roll onthe crit table
for that ship. Results might be "lose all portside weapons for 1 turn"
or "lose 1 Thrust until repaired" or "steering problem, must turn
starboard until repaired" or such.

Prev: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam