Prev: Re: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:51:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

I have to agree with Indy.  Armor and stronger hulls are why those ships

are hard to kill, and that's the point.  Such ships should either carry
fewer weapons overall, or be really expensive.	The last three games of
FT
I've played I ran NSL ships (and only by choice in one of them!).  I
broke
even at best in all three.  Of course, scenario design factored in, but
the lack of thrust and manueverability of the NSL ships is a huge offset

to having heavy armor.	Yeah, the NSL ships die slower, but they don't
get
to do much to choose when/where/how to engage. :)

If armor is to get a revamp, I'd think more about a complete overhaul
than
limiting the max based on hull row length.

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University