Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

From: Carlos Lourenco <loscon@g...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:54:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Full Thrust a  few months ago. He definately needed help
in plotting ahead and once we switched to vector movement, he
occasionaly
became frustrated at waching his ships whiz away off the board at top
speed
once we  crossed the merge.

"Perhaps try this: roll for initiative.  Winner moves 1/2
distance; loser moves full distance; winner completes the
second half of his move. Optional: loser can adjust facing 1
point after winner completes his move."

Have nay of you guys trie dte new Federation Commander Boardgame (Based
of
SFB). It uses I go U go impulses to somehwat do away with plotiing,
though
you still have decisions to make up front with terms of power allocation
and
what not before the moveement starts.

I do think the concept of detailed plotting can be a bit much for
younger
kids, (Mine's 8) though by sticking with it they pick it the basics
quickly.
Requires pre-requiste geek mastery to really get it at a young age.

Los

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game