Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:58:46 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

G'day,

Just did a quick analysis of the AARs I had stored on my machine (so not
exhaustive by any means). All I did was count up the number of times a
turn of x faces was recorded in the 19 games included in the sample
(note that we right orders at squadran level so a single entry will
cover many ships). The results were as following:

The mean results were
Turn-0-face = 37%
Turn-1-face = 9%
Turn-2-face = 9%
Turn-3-face = 12%
Turn-4-face = 7%
Turn-5-face = 3%
Turn-6-face = 23%

Interestingly while the mean and median result were almost the same for
0,1,2 and 6 point facing changes the medians dropped to zero for 4 and 5
and were halved for the 3-point turns. Seems people do either just
jiggle a little to keep the nose about right, or about face. More
interesting still was looking at the number of "out of arc" statements
recorded, these were consistently 3-4 times more common for those forces
with more limited arcs (like the NAC and KV).

Oerjan may have a larger sample selection, but the best bet would be
some more games.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....