Prev: Alternate CPV? Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:34:49 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

G'day,

> The point being that it is quite easy to make sure you have your
target in F arc.

I've heard this a lot in this thread, but thinking back of the FT games
we've had I can't think of a single one we had where having side arcs
wasn't a godsend at some point in the game (except the stern chase
pursuit games). But maybe we play at faster speeds (don't actually think
so), have wider ship formations (again don't think so) or go for more
"passing games" than most. Its "easy" to keep in F arc at range, but in
all the vector games I've played that's maybe 1 or 2 turns, after that
its all in amongst each other, where multiple arcs are a must to make
sure you've got the most desirable target in place. I don't doubt that
it is easier than cinematic to have a good target in preferrable arcs in
vector (and probably to the point where some redesign would be good of
ships only for vector) but I'm not sure it's to the extent that the
"easy to makre sure they're in F arc" statements present. Pity that
"1-arc wonder" game never came off, I think that'd show that after the
odd game with all F-arc weapons people would bounce back to having side
arcs too (as evidenced by the guy who designed the Free Orange Republic
ships with p-torps out the wazoo, who had a first pass all F-arc and
then started getting more with 2 or 3 arcs or some 1-arcs offset to FP
or FS etc).

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Alternate CPV? Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....