Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: Alternate CPV? Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:09:09 +0100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Thanks for the data, Beth!

I have one question and one comment:

Question:

>More interesting still was looking at the number of "out of arc"
statements
>recorded, these were consistently 3-4 times more common for those
forces
>with more limited arcs (like the NAC and KV).

3-4 times more common starting from what baseline? There's a huge
difference between on one hand wide-arc weapons being out of arc 5% of
the
time while single-arcs are out of arc 15-20% of the time, and on the
other
wide-arc weapons being out of arc 25% of the time and single-arcs being
out
of arc 75% of the time. (Or, to put it another way: the important data
point to compare isn't how many times the weapons *couldn't* shoot, but
the
number of times they *could* shoot.)

***
Comment:

As you noted you need to get to very close ranges before there's any
real
risk of not having the target in your preferred arc. In my (less
extensive
than yours) Vector experience, by the time the wide-arc ships finally do

get close enough for their wider arcs to come into play they've usually
already lost so heavily to the higher long-range firepower of the
single-arc ships that the extra shots allowed by the wider arcs are no
longer sufficient to win them the battle :-(

>Oerjan may have a larger sample selection, but the best bet would be
>some more games.

I have very few fully-recorded Vector battles with complete shooting
data,
I'm afraid. As always more data would be good!

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.