Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Re: Hello List and some ruminations on FTL Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - fragmentingstellar states

Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:42:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard

> > By the way, did you have the 308 or the $5.95 High Guard, or both?
>
> Er, my copy of High Guard is a little black book with the
> cover text in
> blue, copyright 1980.  Which would be about right.  School
> holidays picking
> kiwifruit paid for the 3 book box set, Mercenary and High
> Guard.  I still
> can't stand kiwifruit.

Cover text in blue? Now you've got me. Export version? Licensed local
printing? Damn, you've started the collector in me twitching!

Somewhere in the basement, I've a copy of Gurps Conan in Italian...

Anyway, High Guard first came out in the US with a price on the upper
right
corner of the cover; newer copies replaced this with an item number.
There
were differences with the material inside.

Long ago, crazed Travellers would assiduously seek the earlier version.

The_Beast