Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS!

Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - fragmentingstellar states

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:59:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - fragmentingstellar states

DavidB unwisely said:
>Can you explain more about the Alarishi Empire?  How did they set
themselves
up as a stellar state, and where do they live if their planets are
habitable - on stations, or in ships?

The Alarishi Empire began as a private Portuguese/German company for FTL
research, with heavy EU subsidies. The company did the initial surveys
on
most of the star systems which are now owned by the IF and PAU; it also
established a "harbor" at an M star (now called Alarish) along the jump
route from Earth to Arabiya Jadid, and provided premium-priced supplies
IF and PAU colony ships and freighters.  It became independent when the
EU
split into the FSE and NSL.
  The Empire now is a libertarian monarchy which leases real estate to
its
sovereignities, which are various colonies, corporations, families, and
social experiments  operating with a free-market economy. It occupies
various asteroids, moons and artificial habitats around three M stars,
and
has a claim to Cibola (which is also claimed by the IF, PAU, UN and
possibly OU, plus some independence-minded colonists who actually live
there). As almost anyone is free to charter a sovereignity, the Empire
has
become a haven for mercenaries, scientists, entrepreneurs, agents,
political dissidents, and anyone else who wants to enjoy its unique
opportunities.
http://home.quixnet.net/~deboe/

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS!