Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:32:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Ok, just to remind all of the context:
****
***
Group 1 (Hammer squadron): SDN, 2 x CH, CE, 2 x DD, 6 x CT
Group 2 (Carrier squadron): CV, CE, 2 x CL, 2 x DD, 2 x FF
Group 3 (Fast attack squadron): BB, BC, 2 x CL, 2 x DD, 2 x FF, 3 x SC
***

I think I've seen this before, but as a generic set of fleet options. Is
there consensus that these are appropriate for every nation?

Also, do people use ships smaller than frigates? Except for some
'giant-stomping-fleas' set ups, I've never had a use for 'em, and tend
not
to have FF's.
****

First, this was a two-part question: 1) Do not the slow bricks of the
NSL
and the dancing paper tigers of the FSE require a different make up from
the well-rounded ESU?

2) Most have given examples are of either specialized sub-frigates, use
in
battles where larger-than-frigates are absent, and/or use of great
clouds
of small boats. The squadrons above suggest standardized ships, force
mixes
including smallest and largest, and six CT's does not a cloud make. ;->=

Now, what I refer to as 'giant stomping fleas' is exactly large ships
targeting hordes of small ships. Up close, a class three beam against a
couple of hull boxes may be such overkill as to waste firepower. A vast
number of class one's CAN lay the mighty low. Just, not some things I'd
care to rely on. However, I was asking other's opinions.

And, even answers that weren't taking all of the above into account are
greatly appreciated. Thanks to all! I finally started some real
conversation!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions