Prev: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq Next: [FT] First Game AAR

Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

--- Michael Llaneza <maserati@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Thomas Barclay wrote:
>

>http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1441055,00.html
> >
> >This isn't just the pathetic retelling you get from
> one line news summaries. This is the
> >citation in full. It is quite a read. When I read
> the media blurbs, I thought "Have they
> >dropped the standards for the VC? Doesn't seem
> quite worthy...." but after reading the
> >citation, I have no doubts - he earned his medal
> the hard way.
> >

> VERY impressive. Note that Pvt. Beharry managed to
> survive the actions
> he was cited for, although not without critical
> injury.
>
> It's amazing that the driver of the lead vehicle had
> such an impact on
> the outcome of two engagements.

it seems to me that the first engagement was  worthy
of a trip home and valour-tour in itself, not to
mention the second event.

I guess we have another name for a troopship! ;-)

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!
Trailer at apple.com!!!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq Next: [FT] First Game AAR