Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:18:08 -0700
Subject: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

Thomas Barclay wrote:

>http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1441055,00.html
>
>This isn't just the pathetic retelling you get from one line news
summaries. This is the
>citation in full. It is quite a read. When I read the media blurbs, I
thought "Have they
>dropped the standards for the VC? Doesn't seem quite worthy...." but
after reading the
>citation, I have no doubts - he earned his medal the hard way.

VERY impressive. Note that Pvt. Beharry managed to survive the actions
he was cited for, although not without critical injury.

It's amazing that the driver of the lead vehicle had such an impact on
the outcome of two engagements.

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/ricetalk.htm

Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq