Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:20:02 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Has anyone played with how fighters work using vector rules? Not
just for the big ships, but for each fighter group.

A long time ago we tried this, and the couple of games we played
had the fighters close quickly, make a single attack, then spend
the next few rounds slowing down and returning for a second pass.

With more experience it's probably possible to get the fighters
to stay around for longer, but it may reduce their effectiveness,
especially since there's no reason they have to be faster than
ships (maybe an acceleration of 8, with no cost for turning).

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada