Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:09:03 -0600
Subject: RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

oops, mixed PDS firing and target lock-on roll for missiles together in
my mind.

I still think fighters should be treated the same way as missiles with
1-6 fighters per squadron making a firing pass, and those fighters
having to make it through the PDS gauntlet before firing, keeping the
rule that each PDS may only fire at one squadron/missile group per turn.

On the otherhand I don't see any problem with having ships with 15 PDS's
if fighters are allowed to carry single-shot munitions like a
scatter-pack, single-round torpedo, or mini-SMR with 8" range that allow
them to fire outside of effective PDS range.  If this is the case, then
I would definitely upgrade PDS's to ADAF abilities and allow a PDS not
directly engaged to fire at any fighter squadron/missile group within 6"
at a -1 modifer (probably after all the fighter/missile attacks have
been resolved.

--Binhan