Prev: RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:13:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

On Monday, April 25, 2005, at 05:12  PM, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> That's where the points system is really needed: to provide a common
> ground between strangers, and to help newbies to set up reasonably
> even battles before they've gained enough experience to create
> unbalanced scenarios which are still enjoyable to both sides.

I can see and understand this.	I guess I'm just lucky in that the
majority of my FT games have been designed by a GM.  I've only played a
few "you take N points and so will I" type of games-- but those ships
were from the Fleet Books.  I've played in one game where it was "take
N points and design your fleet."

Side Question: Has anyone tried to build a fighter group design
subsystem?  Something where you could shake-n-bake a flight to your
specifications?  Probably a topic for another discussion.

Damo

Prev: RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada