Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:08:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

damosan@comcast.net wrote:
>>Right, but the fighters STILL can't be attacked or destroyed by ANY of
>>those "weenie madness" ships.  The fighters will still slaughter those
>>weenie ships unless you imposed some currently non-existant rules
about
>>fighter groups being degraded by the loss of thier carrier.
>>

> The need for such a non-existant rule escapes me.  What happened to
scenario design?  Is it dead?  Taking a powder?

One of the things that pops to mind is the BYOF (bring your own fleet)
scenario
that some people host. This happened at an ECC a few years ago, which
more than
illustrated the overwhelming power of an all-fighter fleet vs a "normal"
fleet.
The "normal" fleet had zero chance to do anything other than die (it was
the
last(?) great Canadian-American FT game, iirc; I'm sure others will
verify it
for me ;-).

Mk

Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: RE: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada