Prev: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: "Phillip Atcliffe" <atcliffe@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:46:00 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

The (e)steemed St J wrote:
> Now, as you'll have noticed, none of these [new ESU classes] have
names yet - so I'm asking for suggestions from you guys on the list....
obviously they need to be in keeping with the original ESU class names,
a mix of Russian and Chinese - so, any good ideas? <

One, courtesy of my Russophile son, is the "Strelets" class. It's a
17th-century Russian term for a rifleman or militiaman, so it might be a
good name for one of the smaller classes, particularly if the ESU thinks
of them as attrition units.

> Oh yes, PICTURES... <

Just seen them on Dean's site... VERY nice. So nice, in fact, that you
may have to rework the original "new generation" classes of BC and BB to
make them fit the new fleet design ethos -- although I suppose it makes
sense for the hull layout to have gone through a process of evolution,
drawing ideas from the BC/BB/BD/CVL and the newer CA as well. I can see
why you talked about a Vor'Cha resemblance for the SDN, and indeed, the
whole set has a vaguely Klinkish look to it, albeit with rather more
pronounced surface detail than the average Trek ship.

Now all I have to do is resist their siren call... They do look great,
but I have more than enough unbuilt minis at present.

Oh, no! They're calling to me... and I'm going to Salute... Aagh! Call a
bank manager! I... mussst... resist.....

<well, we all know how that kind of battle ends, don't we? <eg>)

Phil
----
.sig file supplied by British Railtrack ISP PLC.
Currently out of order due to the wrong kind of bits on the net.
  -- for updates, e-mail atcliffe@perdicas.fsnet.co.uk (if you can!)

Prev: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: