Prev: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming Next: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming - to Steve B.

Re: [OT] Browsers & software... (was test)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:32:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Browsers & software... (was test)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Allan Goodall wrote:

> > I really like some of the details of Opera - using the keyboard for
> > navigation, for instance. (Z is backward, X forward - saves mousing
> > around!)
>
> You can do that in Firefox and IE, as well. All three browsers use
> backspace and Alt-Left Arrow for BACK, and Shift-Backspace and
Alt-Right
> Arrow for Forward. Opera does offer two more keys for each, though.

I had no idea FF & IE did any sort of keyboard nav at all. I've been
using
Opera for so long (since v3.x) I've never bothered getting up to speed
with the others... (Opera was doing tabbed browsing way back then -
1999/2000 - before anyone else had even *thought* about it; now it's
supposedly one of the great things about NN7 & FF - and Opera users just
wonder what all the fuss is about!)

> > I've *finally* gotten OO to install cleanly; it's been on my mahcine
for a
> > couple weeks but very slow & crashy. Last night I ran the 'Repair
Install'
> > function & it seems to be running a lot better. I hope.
>
> What version do you have? I had no problem installing OO 1.1.3 at home
> on two Windows XP Home Edition computers, or 1.1.4 on the Windows XP
> Professional machine at work. Perhaps you had an issue with the
download?

First I had a bad d/l, then my PC locked up just after OO's install -
first lockup in ages - then I just ignored it for a while. It's 1.1.4 on
Win98se, and the last Repair Install run seems to have taken just fine.
Now I'm busy customizing the poor thing to death... :)

> > .. plus all the folks who only post from work, it seems...
<pious>always
> > on their breaks & lunchtimes, of course!</pious> :)
>
> *Whistles tunelessly while looking about...*

You're hardly the only one; even my website logs show a dip in viewers
during the weekend!

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming Next: Re: [semi-OT] NYT article on War(hammer)gaming - to Steve B.