Prev: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets... Next: RE: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...

Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:26:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...

At 2:51 PM -0500 2/7/05, Flak Magnet (Tim) wrote:
>We have a polite difference of opinion in our FT group about what kind
of
>information should be freely shared during a game of Full Thrust, so I
>thought I'd ask what the rest of you think, or how you guys play it:
>
>After a game has started (meaning ship designs are finalized, etc) do
you guys
>and gals keep your SSDs secret from the other players or do you let
them see
>them?

SSDs no. If we're using some form of Sensor rules, sure, according to
the chart and rolls. We do allow one to get an idea of damage, X
number of rolls.

>If someone asks, is a player obligated to tell another player his
ship's
>velocity?

It should be clear and obvious. In RL, it'd be shown based on the
plot that would show the ship.

>During the PDS allocation phase, is the player with the fighters
obligated to
>accurately disclose what TYPES of fighters are contained in each group?

I'd put it at a simple query (think of it as close up sensors...hard
to conceal that stuff when the signal strength is that strong).
What's that and that?

-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets... Next: RE: [FT] Shhhh! In-game secrets...