Prev: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn Next: RE: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:11:01 +0000
Subject: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:03:09PM -0500, John K Lerchey wrote:
>My take is that the Galactica seems... weak.  In the original series
>(iirc), a single battelstar could take on 1 or 2 cylon base stars and
hold
>it's own, or win.  In the new series, it seems they're either badly
>outnumbered, or badly outclassed (my gut reaction was the latter), and
>they run and run and run some more, and don't ever really seem to
engage
>or fight their way free.

Well, it's an _old_ battlestar, and they're _new_ cylons.

>There are plenty of things to like about the show, but I'm not
convinced
>that it will fulfill my desire to see some kick ass dogfights and watch

>some cylon base stars get obliterated.

Spoilers for the series (up to episode 12) follow.

Nope, basestars are definitely "oh sh*t run away" rather than "let's
take it out". There's actually very little dogfighting - and what there
is tends to be brief and fatal.

Prev: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn Next: RE: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn