Prev: RE: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn Next: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:03:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: BSG 2003 was Re: The NAC Navy Hymn

My take is that the Galactica seems... weak.  In the original series
(iirc), a single battelstar could take on 1 or 2 cylon base stars and
hold
it's own, or win.  In the new series, it seems they're either badly
outnumbered, or badly outclassed (my gut reaction was the latter), and
they run and run and run some more, and don't ever really seem to engage

or fight their way free.

There are plenty of things to like about the show, but I'm not convinced

that it will fulfill my desire to see some kick ass dogfights and watch
some cylon base stars get obliterated.

:)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University