Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Next: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

The only problem with the accelerator is it gives
class 1 weapons of certain types as much lethality as
class 5 weapons of other types.  I proposed a system
to the test list a while back, I'm not sure if it's OK
to present it to the main list yet.  If so, I believe
OO has the details.

[http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/199903/msg00351.html]
> [...]
> to publish a die for IVARs. Now it might be that
> rules from SG2
> could be dropped in to cover this discrepancy, but
> not owning a
> copy I offer the following alternatives: (zero
> testing as always)
>
> Direct Translation Of Existing Rules (DS2 pages
> 33-36)
> ====================================
> Ranges and limitations remain as per existing rules;
> the following
> purely replaces the chit draws.
>
> Militia / Line Infantry	 roll 1 D6
> APFC / HEL / RFAC / HVC / MDC  roll 1 D6
> APSW / Powered / DFFG / SLAM-3 roll 1 D8
> SLAM-4			 roll 1 D10
> SLAM-5			 roll 1 D12
>
> target Militia		 roll 1 D4
> target Line Infantry		 roll 1 D6
> target Powered Armour 	 roll 1 D8
>
> target +1 die type if in soft cover
> target +2 die types if urban or dug in
>
> Statistically a bit rough-and-ready, but spot checks
> suggest that
> these are not far from the current chances.
>

> Alternative Infantry Rules
> ==========================
> This is more of a personal interpretation of the DS
> arsenal; to
> do this properly I'd need to rewrite bits of pg 6, 8
> and 9, and
> then re-examine the ranges and other governing rules
> specified
> later in the book.
>
> Militia			    roll 2 D4
> Line Infantry, APFC		    roll 4 D4
> RFAC-1, HVC, most Powered Armour  roll 2 D6
> APSW, SLAM-3			    roll 3 D6
> MDC (cannister), SLAM-4	    roll 4 D6
> SLAM-5, Powered Armour (AP)	    roll 5 D6
> RFAC-2			    roll 1 D8
> DFFG				    roll 4 D8/D6
> MDC (flechette)		    roll 2 D10
> HEL				    roll 1 D12
>
> target Militia		    roll 1 D4
> target Line Infantry		    roll 1 D6
> target Powered Armour 	    roll 2 D6 (not
> D6x2)
>
> firer  -1 die if target in any cover
> target +1 die type if urban or dug in
>
> A hit is scored per single weapon die that exceeds
> the total
> thrown by the target, thus a weapon may eliminate
> multiple
> adjacent infantry stands.
>
> This makes some attempt to separate the chance of
> hitting and
> the chance of penetrating the personal armour of the
> target;
> if some of the chances I propose seem a bit strange
> it's
> because I've assumed that anything larger than
> RFAC-2 is
> mainly effective through blast or equivalent effect
> rather
> than a direct hit. Again, if I'm treading on ground
> already
> covered by SG2 then I'll quite happily entertain
> suggestions
> to buy a copy.
>

> Both of these proposals beg the question of

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom Next: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry