Prev: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom

Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:42:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry

Brian,

If it is ok to publish your system, I'd love to see it.  My biggest
gripe
about DSII, especially for con games, is that it's a slow system and
resolution is hard to achieve, even with a well laid out scenario.

If you need to keep 2-6 players engaged and have enough forces them to
not
lose everything in one bad exchange (though I'm not completely against
doing just that), you need to have a decent number of units, which makes

resolution tough because of the combination of chit pulling and slow
movement speeds.

Thanks,

--On Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:23 PM -0700 Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The only problem with the accelerator is it gives
> class 1 weapons of certain types as much lethality as
> class 5 weapons of other types.  I proposed a system
> to the test list a while back, I'm not sure if it's OK
> to present it to the main list yet.  If so, I believe
> OO has the details.

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu

Prev: Re: [DS3] Dirtside Accelerator for Infantry Next: Re: [OT] Regional Idiom