Prev: Re: new webpage for Thomas heaney and his FT stuff? Next: Descending rapidly was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

Makes certain hobbies appear more... rational

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:09:15 -0500
Subject: Makes certain hobbies appear more... rational

The next time your spouse/SO/Mother/Brother/Sister gets snide about
playing with toy soldiers lay this in fromt of tham and ask if you
should
change hobbies.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/5/3/nation/7903162&sec=n
atio

Snake man gets married, with snakes among VIP guests

		  BY OPALYN MOK

PENANG: Snake charmer Sabri Abdul Aziz celebrated his wedding day with a
difference. Among the VIP guests at his house in Tanjong Tokong were a
recently-caught adult python, a pet crocodile and a baby python.

The 27-year-old, who had been performing in snake shows in South Korea,
China and Saudi Arabia for the past four years, said snakes  had been a
part of his life for so long that he did not want them to be left out on
his special day.

 "I caught the 3.6m-long adult python opposite my house three days
before
my wedding," he said.

Sabri, who started catching snakes at a very young age, said the python
was still wild but could be  easily tamed.

However, Sabri and his bride, Chebashan Addenan , 26, had no trouble
handling the massive snake,  which weighs about 90kg.

The blushing bride, far from shirking away from the snake, did not mind
having it curled up on her lap	 and a smaller one on her shoulder.

 "I started learning to touch and handle snakes the proper way about six
months ago from my husband  and am no longer scared of them," she said,
at their bersanding ceremony yesterday afternoon.

Sabri said he had a few other snakes, including a king cobra, but had
shipped them to South Korea for  a performance soon.

 "I will be going to South Korea with my wife in July to continue with
my
snake performances there.

 "I am planning to set a record there in October by staying with more
than a thousand poisonous snakes  in a room for over two months," he
said, adding that he
would prepare his wife to accompany him in the room.

Glenn: Two months.  1000 poisonous snakes.  Well, everybody should have
goal.  I'm not too keen on that many posionous snakes for that long but
if it floats his boat...

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!