Prev: RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede Next: RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

From: <s666@f...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:12:13 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

> > I've tried 3 times to download Dirtside 2 PDF...
> > And at dialup speeds that's an hour a pop... Each
> > time when I tried to open it, it said that there's
> > an error in the file and it's unrepairable
>
> Warren, how large is the file you have?  What version
> of Acrobat / Acrobat Reader are you trying it with?
>
> The store page says Acrobat 5 or later. I assume I'm
> not the only list member who thinks version 6 is best
> avoided.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/reader_archive.html
>
> Can anybody confirm the size of the file? The store
> page and IE both reckoned 20Mb, but the file I've
> ended up with is 14,467,072 bytes in size. No error
> was reported during the download.
>
> Nathan "compulsive" Girdler

I just downloaded the file and it opens fine with Adobe Acrobat 5 for
PC.

File size is 17,550,656 bytes.

Are you using PC or Mac? From what I have heard, Adobe 6 flirts with
usefulness in the PC version, but the Mac version is only good as a
paperweight.

Sean Dzafovic

Prev: RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede Next: RE: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede