Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: variable hulls

Re: CPV?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:56:35 +0100
Subject: Re: CPV?

Randall Joiner wrote:

>Ok, I've seen CPV mentioned several times, and am guessing that this is

>a/the new point system for FT?

"A", yes. "The"... well, that remains to be seen but it looks likely <g>

("CPV" for "Combat Points Value", to emphasise that it refers to the
ship's
combat potential and *not* to how much it costs in background universe
money to build it :-/ )

>Where can I get a copy?

Here :-/

Basically what you do is replace the "Basic hull cost" of 1xTMF by
TMFxTMF/100, rounded to the nearest integer (recent minor modification:
"but never to less than 1 point", similar to the rounding rules for
engine
etc. Mass ratings).

The "full" version treats carriers, freighters etc. differently, but the

above formula covers all non-carrier warships... and since the carrier
etc.
bits are tied to some of the stuff playtested at ECC7 and are still
subject
to change at short notice, I won't go further into those bits at the
moment.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: variable hulls