Prev: Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@p...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:54:51 +0100
Subject: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Well, the unpainted metal has been staring at me for quite some time
now:-) I just glued/filed together two Maximillians and a Svent
Istvan. Now I know why these geohex blisters were in the bargain
bin. The Svent Istvan has a lot of flash and is less clean than the
one I picked up last year at Action2004 in Rheindahlen. That one was
probably from GZG itself.
Are the GZG models cleaner and easier to put together than the Geohex
ones, or did I just have a bad batch?

I also put together the front and rear part of a Tegethoff and
Theuerdank with LOTS of filing and 2-part epoxy. At least one will need
some milliput to fill gaps. Once this is done I'll try putting in the
central sections. In short: ARGH!
What I'll probably do when painting them is turn all the places that
had flash into battle damage, as lots of details couldn't be saved.

Ah well, that least this means Jon will be happy as I'll be picking up
some clean ones at Salute later this year.

Frits
--
Frits Kuijlman			   F.Kuijlman@{its,cs,twi}.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology			      The Netherlands

Prev: Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?