Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: simple rules for non-gamers

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:06:51 +0000
Subject: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

On Friday, Feb 13, 2004, at 07:12 Europe/London, Andrae Muys wrote:

> My boss just asked me for advice regarding a simple set of rules
> suitable for his children to play with (ages 7/9).  He's not a gamer,
> so I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything that might be suitable.
> Probably WWII or SF.

It depends whether he's planning to play as well...

If he is, then FT-lite will work. As will Power Projection: Escort. I
know the latter will work because we've demo'd at cons for father/son
combinations. The kids usually get vector movement before the adults.

First wargame I bought was Ogre - must have been around 10 at the time.
In its original form it's pretty simple. Before that I played some WW2
stuff with the old HO scale airfix figs and a small (A5) hardcover book
on designing wargames that I got from the library (by Charles umm can't
remember, it's 23 years ago!).

Actually, it's a shame that you don't see Microgames like you used to
;-) There again, at the age of 7 I was more than happy making up who
won when we fought SF wargames with the die-cast Star Wars X-Wings and
TIE fighters ;-)

Cheers,

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
"Honesty is a cornerstone of Zhodani Society. When one's
thoughts are open to being read by others, it becomes
pointless lying, keeping secrets or hiding one's true feelings.
Truth is assumed.."  Delta 3 is Down, BITS, 2001

Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?