Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881

RE: Kids at GZG ECC?

From: Corey Burger <cburger@v...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:21:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?

I am keen to get more younger kids in the hobby(understanding I am only
21
myself) but my several exposures have been for the most part negative.

The biggest being RPGA, Living Greyhawk and the lot. Most of the kids I
have seen tend to rowdy, munchkins and generally little sh*ts.

One other place was at a local game day, right when Mage Knight was
just coming into existence. A local adult was trying to teach 5 kids and
me how to play the game. I enjoyed the game but ending up playing for
the
kids or answering questions from them. Zero attention span.

Now all that being said, a well supervised kid i.e with responsible
adult
in tow is a lot of fun at a gaming table. It works best if an adult is
willing to spend *lots* of 1 on 1 time with the kid, and keep them
involved.

Corey

--

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881