Prev: RE: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: Trek Doomsday Machine

Re: Trek Doomsday Machine

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:59:55 -0600
Subject: Re: Trek Doomsday Machine

>As an aside, I was curious how people who use FT to play in the ST
universe
>deal with the fact that in ST, ships can manouver and fight while FTL?

In fact, in Star Trek, there's almost no combat that ISN'T while FTL.

While I am a die hard defender of cinematic-as-real, within limitations,
it
also is not far from warp movement as sometimes described in ST. One
thing,
strangely enough, is that cinematic doesn't have drag, while warp does.
At
least, when you stop putting energy into the warp bubble, it decays, and
you slow down. Acts just like drag to me.

FTL vector is a bit of a stretch for me, though.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: Trek Doomsday Machine