Prev: Re: Further update to PowerProjection.net - Ship Bits, SSDs etc Next: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat

RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:13:31 -0500
Subject: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat

>2) You can only attack during your activation.  Opponent only defends.
Both sides require a motivation roll.  Opponent, if succeeds, can make a
combat move away from attacker.

Turning your back on a melee opponent is an *excellent* way to get dead,
unless your opponent is very slow and you are very fast.  I'd say you
test
for morale before the combat starts; if you succeed, you stay put.

>4) If one die beats Opponent then Opponent is "Suppressed."
Suppression
in this case is basically being beat so hard you spend a second or so
going
OUCH.  You basically got your bell rung.
>6) A figure who is "Suppressed" can only remove the suppresion marker
during their activation.  The removal is automatic and is the only
action
that can be performed.

That's a pretty heavy penalty, given that it's not all that hard to
generate a suppression and it doesn't take armor into account.	For
instance, if I have a quarterstaff, that'll have high FP, low IMP -- but
if
you're in full plate, the chance of your being stunned is pretty low.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Further update to PowerProjection.net - Ship Bits, SSDs etc Next: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat