Prev: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat Next: Hi again and Posting ship stats on the web

RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat

From: damosan@c...
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:48:02 +0000
Subject: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat

> Turning your back on a melee opponent is an *excellent* way to get
dead,
> unless your opponent is very slow and you are very fast.  I'd say you
test
> for morale before the combat starts; if you succeed, you stay put.

I accept that...so how about moving backwards at 1/2 your normal
movement?

> That's a pretty heavy penalty, given that it's not all that hard to
> generate a suppression and it doesn't take armor into account.  For
> instance, if I have a quarterstaff, that'll have high FP, low IMP --
but if
> you're in full plate, the chance of your being stunned is pretty low.

Point taken but I'm worried about modern day stuff.  A riflebutt to the
side of the head (even a kevlared head) is still more than capable of
knocking someone to the ground.  I've seen it happen.

The same would go for a staff against some knight's full-plated head.

Of course you could always reverse the type of die the opponent uses...
Attacker rolls quality + ability vs. opponents armor.  To determine
damage on hits roll vs. quality.

Damo

Prev: RE: [FMA:S] Close Combat Next: Hi again and Posting ship stats on the web