Prev: RE: (FT) Japanese Fleet Concept Next: RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:37:55 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

***
Well, I didn't mean that Epoxy wasn't the correct material for the
model,
just that the model design might not be conducive to putting in a mold
(overhangs, multiple parts etc.)  So that it should be a consideration
when
making the model out of epoxy that if you wanted to cast it, you would
either need to design it so the whole ship could be cast or cast the
various parts then assemble the ships.
***

I knew you knew, just teasing.

On the other hand, I should also point out that talent in sculpting
would
be implied. In my case, it's not theoretical, it's not even speculative.
think it approaches high fantasy.

That's what I like about ships-from-trash; cut off the big recognizable
bits, file other parts flat, and scratch in some detail lines. Sheer
magic.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: (FT) Japanese Fleet Concept Next: RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with