Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:44:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

--- Hugh Fisher <laranzu@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>  And like in Star Wars Attack of the Clones, we've
> got a
>  future human military who mostly fight standing up,
> almost
>  shoulder to shoulder, spraying automatic weapon
> fire around.

Don't forget to compound the issue by providing the
humans with armor support in the form of
uber-high-tech Walkers that carry absolutely no
frontal armor for the pilot....

>  Has anyone tried a scenario for Stargrunt/Dirtside
> (sorry,
>  not sure which would be appropriate) where the 2003
> style
>  US Army takes on one of these 'high-tech
> Napoleonics'?

Isn't 'high-tech Napoleonics' a good way of describing
WH40K?	(Wouldn't know for certain, never have
played).....

>  Might make a good demo game for conventions.

If so, I believe it's been done, IIRC.

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside