Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] USA in China (was, RE:Free CalTex...)

Re: [OT] Territorial Army

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Territorial Army

--- FlakMagnet72 <flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com>
wrote:
> I think it's more a confirmation of one of Murphy's
> Laws of Combat:
>
> "Professionals are predictable.  It's the amateurs
> that are really dangerous."
>
> (Or something to that effect.)

Isn't "Amateur" derived from the Latin word for love,
implying that an amateur is someone who does something
for the love of it?  Seems like a good definition of
motivated to me.....

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://shopping.yahoo.com