Prev: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:59:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

At 4:38 PM -0500 9/24/03, <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:

>But then they lost their web access (and a "lot" more)  to a virus
attack
>a few weeks  ago and they still have not opened up web access to the
>system. And are thinking about NEVER opening it up.  The damage was
>pretty brutal but such an approach seems a bit over-reacting for a
major
>medical  facility to completely block all internet linkage...

Wait until more of the internet savy doctors get on staff in
attending positions and wonder why they can't access JAMA articles
online like they can at home. The current senior attending physicians
are still of the computerless age. But, they're starting to retire
and younger folks that grew up with computers instead of chemical
sets are gaining attending and board level positions.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview