Prev: Re: Doing away with damage chits... Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:38:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

I understand, my wife works for of the Cardiac Home Health Care agencies
tied to one of the top 100 (like top 10 IIRC) hospitals in the USA and
they block anything remotely non-medical/nursing - like the BBC web site
(I have to send her copies of the articles since the URL is blocked.)

But then they lost their web access (and a "lot" more)	to a virus
attack
a few weeks  ago and they still have not opened up web access to the
system. And are thinking about NEVER opening it up.  The damage was
pretty brutal but such an approach seems a bit over-reacting for a major
medical  facility to completely block all internet linkage...

6 mm figures and 1:6K warships are my main interest.
It's not the size of the figure in the fight but the size of the fight
in
the figure that determines victory.  Or something like that...
Gracias,
Glenn

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:22:56 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- TMP Editor <webmaster@theminiaturespage.com>
>wrote:
>
>> What sometimes happens is that they'll decide they
>> don't like a site, so
>> they'll block ALL sites from the same ISP. So
>> sometimes a site can get
>> blocked for the sins of another site... :-(
>
>No, trust me, they're that anal.  they've also blocked
>WOTC.com, and nigh unto every gaming site imagineable.
> I work in a call center where we take calls for a
>software company -- try imagining how many of our
>agents are gamers.....
>
>=====
>"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
>always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
>
>--Bertrand Russell

>http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Doing away with damage chits... Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview