Prev: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Gaming perquisites Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

--- warbeads@juno.com wrote:
> I understand, my wife works for of the Cardiac Home
> Health Care agencies
> tied to one of the top 100 (like top 10 IIRC)
> hospitals in the USA and
> they block anything remotely non-medical/nursing -
> like the BBC web site
> (I have to send her copies of the articles since the
> URL is blocked.)
>
> But then they lost their web access (and a "lot"
> more)  to a virus attack
> a few weeks  ago and they still have not opened up
> web access to the
> system. And are thinking about NEVER opening it up.
> The damage was
> pretty brutal but such an approach seems a bit
> over-reacting for a major
> medical  facility to completely block all internet
> linkage...

Yeah, I agree.	Too bad they're not a maternity
hospital, or the Baby & Bathwater comment that comes
to mind would be wickedly clever of me. ;-)

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Gaming perquisites Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview