Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option

Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:54:29 -0400
Subject: Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

> You play on the LR floor?  What?  No pets or Laserlightlings?

The dog has figured out that she shouldn't step on the starcloth; and
Josh has beaten me the last couple of games.

> You proposed it and OO supplied a ship design.  You proposal said a
> Thrust 8 battlecruiser with B5 weaponry, and that it would kill or
drive
> off any KV ship.
> or CVH. OOs ship implies leading a stern chase, but you (LL) never
> mentioned that, nor did you specify "only if I have a football field
in
> which to maneuver".

<shrug> from my POV, a scrolling table is a given unless otherwise
specified.
In vector, this is a trivial battle.  Turn 1, the KV accelerates in
amount in any direction.  Turn 2, the BC rotates and thrusts to match
the KV's acceleration from Turn 1, then it rotates to face the KV and
fires.	Rinse and repeat as needed.  In Cinematic it's more work.

By the way, I tend to agree with you that I'd like larger beams to be
more effective (ie do more damage at longer range)--I like the WW1
dreadnought model.  That doesn't mean it's necessarily balanced, just
that it's what I'd prefer.

Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option