Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [FT] Power Projection: Ultralite was: Re: [Power Projection] Review

Re: [Power Projection] Review

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:41:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [Power Projection] Review

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 14:36 Europe/London, laserlight@quixnet.net
wrote:

> IIRC a Broadsword merc cruiser was 800 tons--in PP:E it has 2 hull
> boxes.
> What Roger said about the Type S being primarily useful as a brief EMP
> burst is quite accurate.  "Hide and seek with bazookas."
>
> Of course you could multiply all hull boxes x 10 (or any other number
> that
> suits you) and change the time scale to 1 turn/5min instead of 1
> turn/50
> min.

I'd go with the x10 hull boxes but the timescale change does mess up
the vector math a bit..

Cheers,

Dom

------------Dom Mooney-------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"Once we actually mapped it for publication it seemed to shrink in
size and was no longer the immensity that would take months to
traverse. As things become known, they lose grandeur."
After Steve Perrin, Pavis & Big Rubble Reprint Epilogue
http://www.cybergoths.u-net.com   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [FT] Power Projection: Ultralite was: Re: [Power Projection] Review