Prev: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics Next: Part 1: working on some scenarios for a local con the End off May...

Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

From: Eric Brown <squirmydad@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:10:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

I use 1/4" foamcore for all of my buildings and I've
never had warping troubles. Applying paint can warp
some materials from absorbing the moisture. There are
two remedies to this; One is to paint the side of the
material that you don't care about first so that it
warps one way, then paint the side you do want so it
warps back to about straight. No really, it works.
Another method is to seal the material before you
paint with a spray matte. This works even better but
can melt the internal foam in the foamcore due to the
acetone used in most spray product.
Eric

http://platinum.yahoo.com