Prev: Re: Mechwarrior Dropship Next: Re: [PSB] WIngs Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:58:38 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:38:35 PST
>From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
>Subject: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...
>
>On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:30:41 -0600 Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net>
>writes:
>

><snip
>
>Buy them from ??  Or homemade?
>
>Gracias,
>Glenn
>

>>Actually I have a Terrain fleet from MKP (Superior) complete and
>>mounted. What I do is get a
>>massonite base stand and mount my flight stands on the massonite
>>stand.
>>For the Terrain Super
>>Dreadnought I had to make a base stand and then used three flight
>>stands. The stands are solid
>>and I have never had a ship come off (OK one CL did come off of a
>>plastic flight stand once).
>>
>>Scott Siebold

Actually they are both homemade and purchased. My base stand is
massonite made by a
company called "stands by George". It is 1/8" thick and various sizes
depending on the
ship
	  40mm by 40mm for fighters
	  30mm by 60mm for FG, DD and CL
	  40mm by 80mm for BB, BC and CV
	  60mm by 120mm for those really large warships
The 40mm by 40mm stand costs $4.00 for 24 stands with fewer stands per
package for
the larger stands (same price).

My primary flight stand is the AOG  stands with the short flight stand
for major ships and
the tall flight stand for single fighter per stand fighters. I like
these stands because the rod(?)
is metal which is stronger then the plastic rods. I don't know how to
get them since AOG
is missing but I have about 200 of the large stands left (out of a 360
stand ordered). I use two
short flight stands for my BB, BC and CV. I use a Dremmel tool	(1/16th
inch drill) to drill the
hole in the ship.

 I use the Citadel small flight stands for multi ship fighter stands (3
per stand). What I do is
 take two bases and turn one over and put it on the top of the rod (this

gives a clear plastic
 stand to glue the fighters on). I will be placing a large order for
these stands some time this
summer.

One secret I have learned is that if you can put together a fairly large

order you can negotiate
a lower price. I got 50% discount when I ordered 30 packages (360
stands) of tall flight
stands from AOG (this was months before the going out of buisiness
sale).

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: Mechwarrior Dropship Next: Re: [PSB] WIngs Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?