Prev: WW2 FMA Next: Re: Optional Rules

Re: Optional Rules

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:39:56 -0600
Subject: Re: Optional Rules

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:15:58 -0600, "Scott Clinton"
<grumbling_grognard@hotmail.com> wrote:

>A link to some optional rules I am testing...

Interesting rules.

I like the open shift, particularly for PA. I have heard that some
people want
it closed (did Jon actually say shifts versus armour are closed, because
the
rules strongly imply they are open) but never liked it.

The cavalry rules are not too dissimilar to the cavalry rules I have in
my
_Hardtack Plug-in_ (SG2 rules for the American Civil War). However, my
rules
handle what to do with units that become dismounted with regard to unit
integrity. For instance, what happens to the soldiers that are
dismounted in a
charge due to their mounts being shot out from under them. You might
want to
add some rules for this. Also, the ratio of "mount holders" to
dismounted
troops is a little low compared to what was used historically, though
it's
workable.

Your dwarf movement rules are really similar to the ones I used once
upon a
time! Great minds think alike? *L*

Allan Goodall		     http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: WW2 FMA Next: Re: Optional Rules