Prev: [OT] Star Frontiers Re: DS: Walkers Next: Back on-line again... I think :-)

Re: DaGoom bases

From: devans@n...
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:09:11 -0600
Subject: Re: DaGoom bases

Well, if you click 'Shop Online', you'll see a delay in release date.
I'd
be surprised if anyone outside the designer has experience with 'em.

One problem is that you need two sub-bases if you want info on display
all
the time, i.e. without lifting the fig each time to look.

I know I'll ask a local retailer if he can get pricing info. Not that
I'm
assuming the 'company' doesn't give up before production is running...

The_Beast

		      John Crimmins

		      <johncrim@voicenet.com>	      To:
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

		      Sent by:			      cc:

		      owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.B	      Subject:	DaGoom
bases
		      erkeley.EDU

		      02/09/2003 09:11 AM

		      Please respond to gzg-l

I remember postings from people who weren't to fond of the use of chits
on
the table in SGII -- largely for aesthetic reasons, if I recall
correctly.

This produvc looks like it *might* be useful for such players...

http://www.dagoom.com/stattracker.htm

...but damned if I can be sure.  The pages are irritatingly vague about
how
the bases can be used, but it looks as though it's a two piece system: A
baseplate, to which a figure can be attached, and a "sub-base" with
three
sliding indicators upon it, for keeping track of points or other values.

I, for one, would want to see these things in person before investing in
them.  Of course, since prices aren't even listed I would want more
information, as well....  Definitely needs more pictures, and at least
*one* of the "Battle Meter" that they sell.

Anyone have any experience with these things?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: [OT] Star Frontiers Re: DS: Walkers Next: Back on-line again... I think :-)